Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Beautiful Mess


This title is a perfect description of my pizza making experience tonight. My dough prior to this has been too doughy and dry so I decided to try making the dough stickier. Well, it turned out to be way too sticky! Here you can see my dough balls rising in their little tupperwares. They were looking good at this point.
Here's my pizza sauce - ground up roma tomatoes (seeded) with salt, pepper, and a touch of oregano.Here I'm trying to work with the dough. Its incredibly pliable, but also very sticky...


Adding the tomatoesAnd cheese...

Cooking up on the grill!

As you can see in this picture the dough is too moist...although this is the opposite of what happened with the last batch, so I have to simply split the difference!


Finished product - The good thing is that we are learning a lot about the dough... It was very tasty but the dough needs work!

3 comments:

The Condits said...

Hey Joe! Thanks for posting these pictures... your pizza looks delicious. :) We've been having some of the same dough issues, so we'll keep workin' on it and sharing ideas. LOVE the pictures.

Unknown said...

Joe, that's awesome! I love how you documented everything. You'll get it right. Then when you come up for the wedding you can cook us all up some real pizza!

Angela said...

I want to learn how to make pizza! It would be fun to try it one night when you guys are here for Walt's wedding.