Sunday, January 4, 2009

Superstition Mountains


Hello Hello - we've taken a long hiatus from the blog. Since the last post the big news is the Nikon D80, the latest addition to the Dougoveto's of Phoenix. Today we went out on a nice hike in the Superstition Mountains, about an hour east of Phoenix. It was beautiful, and a storm was coming in so there were some cool looking clouds. We still don't know anything about photography, but we are working on it. here are some of the pics we took.



Funny sidenote - see that cactus next to me? Its called a Jumping Cholla. First time I went hiking here I decided to touch it to feel if it was picky. I realized quickly why its called a JUMPING cholla - its semi magnitized so if you get really close it will jump off and imbed itself into you. I spent the next 20 minutes pulling it out of my fingers.


5 comments:

The Condits said...

Hey! I'm so glad you guys posted on the blog, and I LOVE the pictures!!! They are beautiful! Keep it up, guys. We love knowing what's going on.

mom said...

So happy to see what you are up to. I can't believe you have such heavy clothes on. What's the temperature there? Are you high up? Beautiful pictures.

Andrea said...

It's so nice to see some pictures from your new camera! They are beautiful! I've never heard of the Superstition Mountains....what a cool name. It's good to see news on your blog! :)

sarah said...

I'm so excited you guys got a d80! Nikons have great cameras! Now all you need is photoshop and you'll be pros! ;)

Marlee said...

Sweet pics. I just have to get my magnifying glass out to see Mel. BUT BEAUTIFUL!!!!!