Monday, June 1, 2009

Pasta Pasta!


Mary Ellen and I enjoyed a great weekend in Prescott AZ. Its about 20 degrees cooler up there so it was great to get away. The weather was perfect. We did a little hiking and lot of relaxing, but the main project was raviolis! Above you can see we made three different kinds - on the right our regular cheese recipe, in the middle was a grilled chicken filling, and on the left was our veggie filling. We thought the veggie one up specifically for my Dad. I think he will love them.


So here are some picks of us making them!

We had a little bit of leftover dough, which we made into fettucine, and tried out our new pasta rack!! Worked out well.

My wife and son hard at work

Here are the final products - all in all they turned out really well. In both of the new ones we added basil, ricotta, and parmesan cheese. They were very flavorful and a good addition to the cheese ravs. We didn't have time to make other kinds, but this weekend I will experiment with meat ravs and dessert ravs! Below are close ups.


Four Cheese Ravs
(Ricotta, Mozzarella, Parmesan, White Cheddar)
Grilled Chicken Ravs
(grilled chicken, parm, ricotta, basil)
Veggie Ravs
(Onion, zuchini, bell pepper, ricotta, parm, basil)


We decided that we are going to sell them, and Mary Ellen came up with this pricing scheme:
1 Dozen: $100
1 Dozen hand delivered: $1100
online ordered will be coming soon....

4 comments:

The Condits said...

The ravs look amazing, guys! We would love to buy some, though I don't think we can afford them. Do you offer a discount for family members?!!!

Unknown said...

You guys are the best...

Angela said...

Those close up pictures look delicious! Andrea and I will need to save up for a few months to order some. :-)

mom said...

Is it ok if I use my credit card?
I'll take 2 dozen of the veggie....I know dad will eventually eat them. They all look delicious.

Have you ever thought of sharing all this on the food channel?