Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Fr. Cassian and Fr. Clement

Fr. Cassian and Fr. Clement from the monastery in Italy (where Joe worked) happened to be in this area for a couple of days! Can you believe it? And they graced us with their presence for dinner. What a special occasion! John Cassian was able to be with the priest he is named after (pictured above with the beard) and the priest who baptized him....both who normally reside in Italy. What a special treat. We were so thankful! Here are a couple pics of them.
Dominic was sleeping during the pics, so he missed out:( But he was pretty nervous around them anyway....I think that beard was a little too different for him.





3 comments:

Lisa Clouse said...

Awww...I love one of Fr Cassian holding John's little fingers! So sweet. :) What a special visit!! I was wondering but kept forgetting to ask who he was named after.

Andrea said...

How wonderful! Those are really beautiful pictures. How blessed you guys are to know such holy priests!

Angela said...

I am so happy you got to spend an evening with Father Cassian. That is really special. I was wondering what Dominic would think of them! I'm glad you had such a wonderful time!